Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Blessings

We experienced two milestones in our family yesterday.  The one is adoption-related and the other is Felix-related. 

Yesterday morning, our lovely social worker came for our final homestudy visit.  We went over the rough draft she compiled and discussed the few things we still need before the homestudy is complete.  Those things (medical exams for Sean and me, and 2 more hours of adoption training) should be completed in the next week or two, and then we'll be done!  So happy and thankful!

First steps captured on camera!
And to make the day even happier, Felix decided to take his first observed-by-Mom-and-Dad unassisted steps a few hours after the homestudy visit!  Rosemary was very indignant when she heard Sean and I gush about Felix taking his first steps.  "I saw him do that a couple of days ago!  He was already walking," she objected.  She estimates that it was around Wednesday or Thursday when she saw him take an unassisted step or two.  By yesterday evening he walked a good 6-8 feet in one shot without stumbling.

Mass this morning was wonderful, and everyone behaved decently well.  I had visions of going to downtown Columbia to walk around the city streets early in the morning right after 8 am Mass.  But by the time we pulled into our driveway to change out of our church clothes it was already very hot and muggy, and the thought of walking around city streets no longer held any appeal. 

So instead, we played games at home, watched movies, created sidewalk chalk masterpieces on the patio, and took naps.  I crocheted a set of 7 cotton facial flower-shaped scrubbies and just finished a set of 4 cotton coasters in the shape of peaches this evening.  I adjusted my friend Mary Cate's facial scrubby pattern to form petals on the outer round.  I just made up the peach coaster pattern as I went along.  It was a fun change of pace from my usual scarves and blanket edging.

No comments:

Post a Comment