Friday, September 20, 2013

Facebook, Fall, and Happy Adoption Updates

We have a Facebook page!   We decided to call it "Stitching Our Family Together" with the brilliant acronym SOFT.  Have you seen "Abraham's" cheeks?  I can't wait to kiss those soft little cheeks for myself!  But the main inspiration for the name came from my attempts at earning money to help fund our adoption through knitting and crocheting all manner of fluffy, soft items for sale.  I will be making cute tags for the items I have for sale in our local consignment store, and someone suggested this for my "brand" name.

Yesterday we received wonderful news from "Abraham's" country.  Some things behind-the-scenes regarding international adoption in that country are starting to move more quickly again after the country's summer break and in light of the vacant governmental office that normally handles international adoptions.   They still need to appoint someone to fill that office, though.  Things aren't going as smoothly and quickly as they should.  And sadly, many orphans are falling through the cracks there, waiting to be listed for adoption.  But yesterday's news is definitely movement in the right direction!

We mailed in the last of our homestudy requirements yesterday too!  Our letters from the doctor, our education certificates, and the forms detailing our adoption education are on their way to our homestudy agency.  Yeah!

This man, Stephen Jepson, and his message are so inspiring.   Sean said that he reminds him of my brother and my Dad.   I like to think I have some of these naturally playful genes too.  Why didn't Mr. Jepson remind Sean of ME too?  Hmph!  Guess I still need to work on it.

I'd love to try out those roller skates, but I'd probably end up with a nice bruise collection if I did...

We picked this book up from the library this week.  It's been such a hit, with everyone from the baby to the big kids to the adults!

Our city is having a Greek Festival this weekend, which we're planning to check out.  Greece neighbors "Abraham's" country, making it even more interesting for us this year.  I believe there is a geocache hidden in the vicinity too, which should be fun to hunt in the throng.

These quick takes are extra quick this week.   We have things due back at the library, and I wanted to go before school lets out.  That's when it gets inundated with noisy teens happy to have escaped their classrooms.  Can't blame them!   And if we get out early, we'll even have time to hit the park and enjoy this beautiful fall weather. We're busy compiling a list of things we want to do this fall season. So far on our list we have:
  • pick apples
  • explore a corn maze
  • bake pumpkin bread and pies
  • collect leaves and make leaf rubbings
  • enjoy the daddy longlegs in the back yard
  •  jump in a leaf pile
  • visit the State Fair (and yay, this time we live in the city where it is held!)
  • hike many nature trails
  • and for Sean, take and pass his next actuary exam (prayers please!)
What did we miss on our list?  What's on yours?

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


No comments:

Post a Comment