Tomorrow we will be having our second visit with our homestudy social worker. The first visit lasted four hours and we were able to get done on that visit just about everything that we needed to get done. Tomorrow's visit shouldn't take more than an hour. We got the homestudy rough draft to look through yesterday. All we need to do is finish up 2 more hours of education, and Sean and I need our physicals and doctor letters. We have appointments for Sept. 9. Then, we're all DONE! With the homestudy. But it's a big adoption milestone!
We received some exciting news recently. Susan from the Etsy store Ginger on a Mission is donating 50% of her sales to families adopting through Reece's Rainbow! She sells the most adorable wallets, business card holders, reusable sandwich/snack bags. Don't you love these sweet prints? And she has plans to add hair bands soon. Very affordable prices and cheap shipping! When you buy one of her cute creations, please specify that you would like the sale to go to support "Abraham for the Bailey Family" to help support our adoption!
Rosemary lost a tooth this week! Serious business, that.
This is a wonderful short video about what one can do with $20,000 instead of going to college. I'm a big believer that college is NOT for everyone, and the push for everyone to go to college does many young people a great disservice.
Choose Life fundraiser this week. We're still sitting here at halfway to our goal. There are 22 entries so far, 6 of which were free. Could you share with your Facebook, Twitter, and/or e-mail contacts, and help three little ones in need?
few dollars you could spare to help us bring Abraham home and bless two families facing crisis pregnancies?
Our prayer requests this week:
- For Joshua and the Parker Family. Seven year old Joshua is very close to going to Heaven now, and you can follow his story and write words of encouragement to his family here.
- For friends who are sick and need to heal for travel soon.
- For Kym on bedrest with placenta previa and a houseful of beautiful children to take care of.
- For Baby L. and his family as they learn about his medical needs and manage his condition, and for wisdom for his medical care team.
- For Katie Beth who is recovering from surgery.
- For safe travel for everyone this Labor Day weekend.
- And last but not least, in thanksgiving for God's continued providence, for a happy birthday for Felix last Sunday, for our family, our health, and every blessing given to us by God!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!