Friday, July 19, 2013

Starting to Fundraise

Both Sean and I have had some opportunities pop up to help us earn money for "Abraham's" adoption.  Sean has been doing a little pre-calculus tutoring online and by phone with one of the students he helped before we moved here.

And I will be signing a contract on Tuesday to rent a small space in a local shop, Daff-a-Deals in Columbia, to sell my crocheted and knitted items.  This weekend we need to go find a used floor rack to display my items.  I am planning on making scarves, ponchos, dish towels, washcloths, and coasters to start with.  I start in August, and so far, I only have one fluffy white knitted scarf ready to go, which will look pretty lonely on a rack all by itself.  So I will be in full production mode for the next couple of weeks as I work to build up my stock!

But we're both really excited about this extra opportunity to help build up our adoption fund by using our talents.  We have such a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment