Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just Picking the Kid Up from Daycare...



...I’ll be back in two weeks!  Yeah its that time again, time to let this fool back on the computer to type up some blog posts as he busts his kid out of the orphanage on the other side of the world.  Come along for the ride – it will never be the same afterwards.

Well, not much for the first leg of the journey.  I managed to make it through the security area without getting the 5th degree from Inspector Gadget, which is a good sign. 

The most interesting change from the last go around is that I have left my beloved companion at home.  That’s right my brown jacket!  So, I am trying to work out a whole new system rather than strapping all of my personal belongs to me disguised as a jacket.  That’s because I just now figured out the joy of….a personal item for flights.  That’s right, I gots myself a man purse to tote all of those personal goodies AND MORE without the weight of a flak jacket (not to mention the constant, “where’s this; where’s that” nonsense I ran into last go around).

First, there is a small story about my man purse.  A long time ago, in a state not so far away, I had to go to a business trip on Father’s day.  I think that it was 2008….but it could have been 2009.  Well the year doesn’t matter.  All that does matter is that I did not want to be there.  I was with my boss and we were trying to find clients at a governmental finance officers convention.  Sounds exciting right?  WRONG!  I spent most of my time working on a report for another (non-governmental bottling company) client.  Those few days I spent there was hell for this introvert.

But, the one nice thing was that the conference gave a nice, NICE, messenger bag for all of the vendors who participated.  The bag was so nice that I decided not to throw it away.  Heck, one day it would make one fine diaper bag.  That’s what Sam thought.

Well the years waned and waxed and….nothing happened with the bag.  It collected dust and sat tucked away forgotten amongst the insulation of our obnoxiously hot attic in Georgia.  Come November of 2012, I refind it in the attic:

“Wow, this is a nice, NICE, messenger bag,” I says to myself.  I threw it through the attic door for Sam to load into a box that will be going to South Carolina.  And then it was forgetten again.
Until….

“So, what are you going to do for a diaper bag in Bulgaria,” Sam asks.

Joey snapped this photo of us loading the luggage into the van.
“I dunno,” I replied, distracted by 1 million other less important things.  “Maybe there’s something out in the garage.”  I know, it sounded just as lame at the time.

A few minutes later, Sam emerges with this nice, NICE messenger bag.  “How about this?”
“Wow!”  Then it was like Divine Providence hit me in the face, here it is, this nice bag will finally meet its destiny.  Well, not before I use it as my personal item to carry many books and a computer into Germany.

Well, they are about to board us onto our night-flight to Munich any minute, so I am going to hang up now.

Dang it….I forgot my restless legs medicine….this might be a long night.  But not before I get some nice Lufthansa din-din!  Wonder what movies they’ll have on the plane….

St. Christopher, pray for us!
God bless,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all! The Gadbois family is very excited to see the next installment of your travel blog! St. Christopher, pray for us! +

    ReplyDelete